Map of Wilderness
Imagine long white sandy beaches, a small and intimate town, a laid back holiday atmosphere. You are imagining Wilderness!
This area with its unique system of lakes, rivers and wetlands runs very close to the sea, with the coastal road running between the lakes and the sea. Feeling fanciful, keep an eye out on the lakes – you may spot the resident Mermaid….
Wilderness is an ideal place to enjoy the pleasures of boating, yachting, swimming, fishing canoeing and surfing which are perfect ways to explore the tranquillity of the national park area and its abundant birdlife.
Top things to do in the Wilderness Region:
- Relax around one of the myriad of lakes in the area
- Go Fishing
- Abseiling in the Kaaimans Gorge
- Canoeing & Cycling in Wilderness
- Go Paragliding
- Visit nearby Monkeyland - for all you want to know about monkeys
- Visit the nearby Elephant Sanctuary - a perfect place to get up close to these African Giants
- Explore the Tsitsikamma National Forest - from the tree tops!!
- Go Blackwater Tubing on the Storms River - thrilling!
- Go Hiking through some of the most spectacular scenery it he country
|African Sands personally reviewed and recommended accommodation in Wilderness||Looking at going on holiday to Wilderness - try out one of these exciting holidays!|