Map of West Coast
Want solitude, peace and tranquillity? Want to feel like you are discovering a place for the first time? The West Coast is for you.
Stretching from Cape Town up to the border with the Northern Cape at Touws River, this area is still an almost undiscovered cache of unspoilt beaches, astonishing mountain ranges, abundant scenic diversity, and the most astounding carpet of wild flowers in spring. All along this stretch of coastline is a series of quaint historic towns and fishing villages as well as National Parks that protect the annual spring flowers, valleys filled with fruits, and mountainous terrain that is filled with San Rock art and succulent fynbos landscapes.
Travelling north along the R27 from Cape Town allows you to explore a completely different and unique side of the Cape.
If you love nature and the thrill of escaping from everything, you will love this region!
Top things to do in the West Coast Region:
- Explore the amazing Cape Flowers during spring
- The West Coast has a wonderful array of bird life – including flamingos on the natural vlei's
- Go hiking in the Cederberg
- Go Crayfish diving at Elands Bay
- Visit the quaint town of Darling – enjoy a live show and dinner at Evita se Peron home of Evita Bezuidenhout
- Enjoy wine tasting at the Butler Museum in Darling
- Have a fantastic seafood lunch on the beach at Die Strandloper
- Go Fishing
- Explore the many museums and monuments
- Enjoy watersports on Langebaan Lagoon
- Explore the quaint fishing village of Paternoster
- Visit Citrusdal – one of the largest citrus producing regions in the country
- Relax at the nearby hot springs in Citrusdal, offering indoor and outdoor pools for year-round enjoyment
|African Sands personally reviewed and recommended accommodation in West Coast||Looking at going on holiday to West Coast - try out one of these exciting holidays!|