Map of Tsitsikamma
Want to visit a truly spectacular place? Then explore the Tsitsikamma National Park, with its 80 km of rocky coastline with its ravines, spectacular sea and landscapes, its secluded valleys covered in mountain Fynbos, its high forests with deep river gorges leading down to the sea. It is awe inspiring.
Set in the heart of the Garden Route, Tsitsikamma is a Khoisan (early inhabitants of the area) word meaning, “place of much water”. With the reserve cliffs dropping sharply off into the Indian Ocean and its many rivers and streams, it is well named. Tsitsikamma National Park protects a wonderland of inter-tidal and marine life. This is one of the largest Marine Protected Areas (MPA) in the world, conserving 11 percent of South Africa’s Temperate South Coast rocky shoreline.
It truly is an amazing place to visit and is an outdoor enthusiasts paradise!
What to do in the Tsitsikamma Region:
- Experience the magic of the Tsitsikamma floating through this forested beauty on Blackwater Tubes
- Explore the Tsitsikamma Forest and Fynbos with local nature lovers
- Go Mountain Biking
- Enjoy a 2 day/ 3 night porteraged hiking trail – The Dolphin Trail - offering hikers the luxury of upmarket overnight accommodation and meals, whilst being challenged by a walk along the rugged coastline of the Tsitsikamma
- Experience the Forest for the tree tops! Gently glide along in a harness on steel cables 30 metres above the forest floor. Amazing!
- Truly discover Storms River Mouth, underwater and up the gorge – go scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking and Lilo relaxing to take in the spectacular scenery
- Play Golf!
|African Sands personally reviewed and recommended accommodation in Tsitsikamma||Looking at going on holiday to Tsitsikamma - try out one of these exciting holidays!|