Map of Port Elizabeth
For anyone wanting a complete South African experience, Port Elizabeth is the perfect complement to the Garden Route. Renowned for its sunshine and safe sandy beaches it has an abundance of early settler history and is well worth a stop on your South Africa travels .
Situated 260 km from Knysna and approximately 800km from Cape Town, on the South Eastern coast of Africa, this major sea port and tourist destination is set along the beautiful shores of Algoa Bay, and is fondly referred to as the Friendly Eco-City
Top things to do in the Port Elizabeth Region:
- Relax on the family friendly, safe sandy beaches
- Calm waters and fair breezes make for perfect conditions for sailing, swimming, surfing, body- boarding and any kind of water sport.
- Go scuba-diving and enjoy sights such as shipwrecks, coral reefs and tropical fish in the warm waters with great visibility
- Visit one of the many game reserves in the area to see the “Big Five” Shamwari Private Game Reserve is a fantastic place to visit.
- Visit Settlers Park - 54 hectares of cultivated and natural gardens in the valley of the Baakens River, with the many native plants and flowers attracting many colourful birds.
- Visit the family friendly Oceanarium, with its fun Dolphin shows
- Explore the world of reptiles at the snake park
- Visit the original Donkin lighthouse
|African Sands personally reviewed and recommended accommodation in Port Elizabeth||Looking at going on holiday to Port Elizabeth - try out one of these exciting holidays!|