Map of Plettenberg Bay
Want spectacular scenery to marvel at, miles of sweeping unspoilt golden beaches to relax and enjoy, dramatic rocky peninsulas to clamber over, sweet lagoons to bath in, indigenous forests to play in, unpolluted rivers and sea to swim in… check! Plettenberg Bay is the place for you.
Known locally as the “Jewel” of The Garden Route, Plettenberg Bay was originally christened “Bahia Formosa” (beautiful bay) by early Portuguese explorers. With its exceptional climate and beautiful view sites over the Indian Ocean, Plettenberg Bay is perfect for anyone interested in exploring, watching or just lazing.
Top things do in the Plettenberg Region:
- Go out on one of the Ocean Safaris boats to spot dolphins, whales and Cape fur seals.
- Visit the The Keurbooms River Nature Reserve – for spectacular scenery
- Adrenalin Rush? The highest commercial bungi jump in the world is at Bloukrans River Bridge. The height is 216 metres with a 7 second free fall!
- Go Black Water Tubing down the Storms River
- Go Hiking through spectacular countryside
- Go Fishing! There are many good tock angling sites including Nature's Valley, Keurbooms, Lookout Rocks, Beacon Island and Robberg Beach. Rock anglers can expect to catch Galjoen, Elf, Roman or Steenbras.
- Go horse riding
- Explore the world of monkeys at Monkeyland!
- Go on a fun filled scenic flight over the magnificent Plettenberg Bay coastline
- Plettenberg Bay has become well-known as the “polo mecca” of South Africa – watch an exciting match!
- Wild Waters Park - This is an adventure park especially for children.
|African Sands personally reviewed and recommended accommodation in Plettenberg Bay||Looking at going on holiday to Plettenberg Bay - try out one of these exciting holidays!|