Map of Knysna
Located in the heart of the Garden Route, the lagoon town of Knysna is surrounded by forests, lakes, mountains and sea. This ever popular tourist destination is a charming town of legend, history, arts and crafts and certainly caters to visitors' taste. The “Pearl of the Garden Route” is famous for its Oyster Festival during June, the town comes alive during this month with arts, crafts and cultural extravaganzas.
Top things to do in the Knysna Region:
- Take a ferry across to Featherbed Nature Reserve or to the Knysna Heads - enjoy a romantic sunset, or leisurely lunchtime cruise.
- Visit the Knysna Elephant Sanctuary
- Shop 'til you drop in the many unique shops in Knysna - The Waterfront, Woodmill Lane and Main Street are just some shopping areas.
- Watch the dolphins and whales play along the coastline.
- Paraglide in heaven - soar above the coast and have a birds-eye view of this beautiful environment.
- Abseil down the Knysna Heads and some other cliffs on the coastline
- Cycle on the many biking trails through the forests in the area.
- Hike or horse-back ride one of the excellent hiking and horse riding trails along the coast and in the forest.
- Play golf at some of the countries best championship golf courses
- Enjoy the famous Knysna Oysters
|African Sands personally reviewed and recommended accommodation in Knysna||Looking at going on holiday to Knysna - try out one of these exciting holidays!|