Map of Hermanus
Hermanus is a popular holiday resort located about 1 hour from Cape Town. It is most famous for being one of the best land-based whale watching sites in the world and has miles of sandy beaches and small little coves – perfect for viewing the Southern Right Whales.
Whale season is traditionally from June to November.
The town is famous for their town crier who calls out when the whales are in the bay!
There is so much to see and do in Hermanus, why not click on one of the links below to find out more!
Top things to do in the Overberg Region
- Visit Hermanus, a bustling seaside resort, with the best land based whale watching
- Enjoy long walks on the white sandy beaches of Hermanus and the surrounds
- Explore the apple growing region of Grabouw in the beautiful Eligin Valley
- Go hiking and mountain biking in the Hottentots-Holland Nature Reserve
- Visit Swellendam the 3rd oldest town in South Africa
|African Sands personally reviewed and recommended accommodation in Hermanus||Looking at going on holiday to Hermanus - try out one of these exciting holidays!|