Map of Durban and Surrounds
Set beautifully along the warm Indian Ocean, the bustling port town of Durban has it all! An economic hub, Durban is an eclectic mix of cultural diversity, with the Indian, Zulu and European communities providing fascinating architecture, interesting markets and bazaars and an abundance of attractions and activities.
Being one of the busiest ports in the Southern hemisphere, Durban is an important economic hub.
Wander along the renowned Golden mile, Durban’s bustling beachfront - be sure to spot the Rickshaws with their impressively dressed Zulu handlers. Want to learn all their is to know about Sharks - then visit the Natal Sharks Board - an impressive shark research facility and one of a kind. Drive along the South Coast for a true tropical feel with its lush tangled vegetation and blue waters. Travel north along the Dolphin Coast meandering through the sugar cane fields and enjoying wide open white sandy beaches. There is so much to do along this beautiful coastline.
Top things to do in the Durban region:
- The Golden Mile – 6 km of beachfront promenade offering swimming, surfing. Paddling pools, fisherman’s piers, local arts and crafts and much more
- uShaka Marine World – Africa’s largest Aquarium and a great day out for the family
- Enjoy a harbour tour – day or night
- Explore the Victoria Street Market – an oriental market in the city with over 120 shops offering great bargains
- Enjoy the Umgeni River Bird Park with hundreds of indigenous and exotic birds
- Enjoy shopping at one of Africa's largest shopping malls - The Gateway!
- Play Golf at a championship Golf Course
|African Sands personally reviewed and recommended accommodation in Durban and Surrounds||Looking at going on holiday to Durban and Surrounds - try out one of these exciting holidays!|