Map of Clarens
On the border of the beautiful mountain kingdom of Lesotho, moments away from the Golden Gate National Park, the quaint village of Clarens lies tranquilly in all its splendour.
Renowned for having more foliage than most other Free State towns, Clarens has a tranquil village ambience combined with scenic views and a mild climate that makes for the ideal weekend getaway. The village has become known as the "Jewel of the Free State" - rich in beauty, with an aura of peace and serenity. It has become an Artists haven with many art galleries scattered around the village square.
Top things to do in Clarens:
- Titanic Rock - overlooking the entrance to Clarens
- Clarens Museum on the square
- Mushroom Rock
- Surrender Hill - a historic Anglo Boer site
- Golden Gate National Park for walking and bird viewing - beautiful scenery
- Qwa Qwa National Park and Basotho Cultural village - game and bird viewing. The village shows the traditional Basotho through the years.
- Bushmen paintings at Kiara Lodge (only known bushman painting of a dassie)
- Dinosaur trails
|Looking at going on holiday to Clarens - try out one of these exciting holidays!|