Map of Cape Town
Welcome to Cape Town, Mother City of Africa!
Regarded as one of the most beautiful regions in the world, this truly is a city of many attractions; a mix of cultures, landscapes, architecture, lifestyles, customs and scenery. There is a real eclectic vibe to this vibrant city.
Apart from being one of the oldest cities in South Africa, this metropolis has it all! Mountains, beaches, sea, rivers and most importantly a wonderful year round climate. Famously, it is also home to one of the smallest flora kingdoms in the world.
Cradled by one of the new 7 Wonders of Nature, an iconic table-shaped mountain, and set on a dramatic craggy peninsula. The scenery is awe inspiring! Here two oceans traditionally meet - the Indian and Atlantic - helping to create a unique biosphere and an amazing place to explore.
An animated and bustling town, Cape Town is a shopper’s delight with shopping and entertainment centres' to satisfy the most demanding of shoppers; the picturesque V & A Waterfront sited at Cape Town’s working harbour, being just one of the many.
Cape Town is justifiably firmly positioned on the international map. It offers a myriad things to do and places to see for everyone. No matter what your tates, or your budget - you will never be bored in Cape Town.
Top 10 things to do in Cape Town:
- Explore Table Mountain - Climb up the mountain for dramatic views and scenery and catch the cable car back down for fun!
- Visit the Cape Point Nature Reserve and the breathtakingly dramatic Cape Peninsula - an adventure lovers paradise
- Meander along the Cape Wine Route - the Cape is home to some of the worlds best wines, not to mention spectacular scenery...happy tasting!
- Learn about the history of South Africa on a Robben Island Tour - this truly is a place of inspiration!
- Visit the V&A Waterfront - bustling and happening - shops restaurants and lots of fun!
- Relax on some of South Africa’s most beautiful beaches - Camps Bay, Clifton, Llundudo.... we've got them all!
- Have a picnic at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens - stunning natural beauty at its best, natures own art show!
- Explore the unique Bo-Kaap area of Cape Town - fascinating and unique!
- Go on a cultural township tour - see how many in South Africa live. Learn about their hopes and aspirations
- Take a helicopter flip along the spectacular coast and over Table Mountain - out of this world!
|African Sands personally reviewed and recommended accommodation in Cape Town||Looking at going on holiday to Cape Town - try out one of these exciting holidays!|