Map of Addo
In 1931 the Addo Elephant National Park was declared a preservation area for elephants, this was at a time when just 11 Elephant roamed the area. Today, however, over 450 Elephant makes the Park its home, as well as Cape Buffalo, Black Rhino, a variety of antelope species and the unique flightless dung beetle, found almost exclusively in Addo.
Top things to do in the Addo region:
- Explore the world renowned Addo Elephant National Park
- Go on an exciting elephant safari
- Journey through the Raptor and Reptile Park – an amazing insight into these creatures
- Visit the Addo Dung Beetle Breeding Station unique and fun!
- Explore the Daniell Cheetah Breeding Farm, which was only created in in May 2001! It is nopw a thriving nature conservation project
- Go Horse Riding in the Addo Elephant National Park
|African Sands personally reviewed and recommended accommodation in Addo||Looking at going on holiday to Addo - try out one of these exciting holidays!|